Registered Social Worker and Behaviour Technician that has worked with various vulnerable populations providing support services, family support planning, and other coaching services. Currently a part time higher education instructor after being offered to stay onboard once a contract placement coordinator position came to an end. I am responsible for directly training International students that are in the social service worker program and are preparing to go on their mandatory placement practicum. I recently accepted a partnerships development role within an Indigenous led Not for Profit, and am bringing my skillset to the team in order to build the internship programs procedures to ensure a smooth first cohort experience for both mentee and employer. I am also dedicated to learning how I can become a better ally, and understand my role within the Indigenous led company without taking up too much space. I am passionate about delivering exceptional services based on strong social work ethics, and standards of practice. I deliver individualized and person centered plans while we work together, and try to listen more than I speak. I want to create the safe space you need to be as authentic as you can while we go through your journey!
My Mentoring Topics
- Social services and social work career mentoring
- Life Planning
- Relationship Development
- Cover Letter, Resume and Interview Skills
- Diet Planning
- Self Care Routines
- Mental Health and Work/Life Balance
- Change Management
- Aligning professional and person values
- If there is another area that you are needing support with that you do not see listed, please feel free to send me a message and I'll see if I have the kind of experience that is needed to support you in the most effective way.
Alana didn't receive any reviews yet.