Luca is a technology executive with over 13 years of experience building ML&AI products and leading top-performing cross-functional teams at large D2C & SaaS technology companies. He is currently taking a mini-sabbatical before starting a new adventure but his last role was VP of ML& AI for HelloFresh in New York. Before that, he worked at Rocket Internet (the largest European startup incubator) in multiple roles. His past experience brought him to collaborate with some of the fastest-growing tech companies in Asia, South America, Europe, and North America (e.g., Zalando, Alibaba-Lazada, DeliveryHero, AwayTravel ... ). Luca holds a Ph.D. in AI, Computer Vision, and Machine Learning from Heidelberg University in Germany and an M.Sc. in Biophysics from the University of Rome. His passion is to discover and apply new technologies and ideas to close the gap between the machine learning research community and the industry. He has a scientific background in probabilistic graphical models and convex optimization. His team applies these concepts to implement state-of-the-art algorithms for Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, and Information Retrieval to optimize marketing campaigns, operations and supply chain, and overall customer experience.
My Mentoring Topics
- Technology Leadership: seeding and scaling data engineering, data science, analytics, and applied research teams.
- Project Delivery: Agile Management, Strategy & OKRs
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (Forecasting, Computer Vision, NLP, Data Mining)
- Steering towards a data-driven culture
- Innovation & Startup Strategy
- Marketing Technology
- Growth Strategy
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Financial Modeling and Pricing
Luca didn't receive any reviews yet.