Key Facts and Insights from "eXtreme Programming Explained"
- eXtreme Programming (XP) is a software development methodology which is designed to improve the quality of software and responsiveness to changing customer requirements.
- XP emphasizes flexibility and simplicity, with the goal of delivering the simplest system possible to meet current customer needs.
- The author, Kent Beck, is a pioneer of both Agile and XP methodologies, and his insights are grounded in decades of professional experience.
- XP is characterized by short development cycles, incremental planning and feedback, continuous testing, and close collaboration between developers and customers.
- XP promotes the concept of “embracing...