Key Facts or Insights from "The Value of Everything - Making and Taking in the Global Economy"
- The current economic system prioritizes extraction of value over creation of it.
- Market value is often inflated and does not reflect actual value.
- Value creation is collective and requires both private and public sectors.
- The financial sector is not necessarily creating value, but often extracting it.
- Value is socially, not individually, constructed.
- The role of the state is critical in value creation through its investments in innovation and infrastructure.
- Re-defining value can help us tackle the challenges of the 21st Century such...