Are you a product leader looking for advice on how to be certain that every product manager on your team lives up to their full potential? Do you want to make sure your product people are competent, empowered, and inspired, and would you like to know how you can best help them on this journey? If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, then this book is for you!
By the end of this book, you will understand:
- Why you need to focus on the personal development of every product manager-and of the team as a whole-to unlock their full potential.
- Why coaching is an important part of your job, and how to do it in the most effective way.
- How you can define what a good product manager looks like.
- How you can accurately assess product managers and provide them with valuable, actionable, and helpful feedback on their current performance that will help them perform even better.
- Which methods/frameworks you can use to make sure product managers learn what they need to know to be more effective-enhancing their people skills.
And you will be able to:
- Reflect on your own coaching personality and define your own areas for development.
- Efficiently prepare and use one-on-ones as your main coaching tool.